Wayne Dyer's warming-wisdom on your life journey preparing you for your life purpose

I was lucky enough to be part of a group years ago that would meet regularly and watch a video that would be related to self-improvement. Sometimes it was in nutrition, or exercise, and sometimes motivation. This was the one talk that stood out for me among all those shared. It took me a while to find the video, because I sadly forgot the name of Dr. Wayne Dyer. But thank you internet search as I was able to find him by remembering a little of his own personal story that he shared within this talk.

The big idea that came through the talk was how life helps prepare us to be the people we always wanted to be. Wayne shared that he has always wanted to help people become self reliant and he shared that the life he had as an orphan was part of his training program that gave him the tools and experiences that would help him become this. This idea was profound to me, because sometimes I had found myself regretting my past, or where I have come from.

A statement that is made to me when someone is meeting me for the first time is, "ahh you are from the US but your parents are from South America, so you must speak Spanish." In fewer or lesser words, that would always make me feel ashamed, embarrassed, and regretful when I would answer no, or that I don't speak very well. There is more to the story, but it's a story that I wish was different about myself and would feel not motivated about learning Spanish, but rather feel down about who I was and either tried to forget and distract myself or try to hide it. With the lens of your history being your personal history that helps you become the person you want to be, it allowed me to take another look at my perspective. I ask myself the question now, "how has this shaped my life and how will this help where I am going." And it allowed me to paint a vision of where I want to be. That maybe there are others that are in the same boat and wish for a chance to learn and dive deep into their heritage. Maybe I can have a conversation with a younger person that is in the middle of this and can share with them this story. Maybe it will allow the eventual victory of learning Spanish to shine through and feel even more special. Either way, instead of drowning in regret, I can take a breath into possibilities.

This talk has many other gems that allow you to go deep into yourself, but I'll let you dive in. Maybe later I'll add some points that stand out, but for now enjoy :)




Popular posts from this blog

Old year reflections and new year dreams

Tool: Online map maker

Halfway in the year review (Level 10 Life)